Friday, October 29, 2004

The West Suburbian?

Today's West's Alston cartoon (p4) looked VERY similar to one in the Western Suburbs Weekly last week (19 Oct). (I can't seem to find them online, but the both cartoons had Howard in a big car being dictatorish and saying "Ve must not let ziss go to our heads" etc.)

Is this a sign of things to come? If so, I'm looking forward to hearing more about the Cottesloe bowling clubhouse fiasco.

Sen Ian Campbell wrote to WSW to complain about the cartoon last week, as did some other dorkus from Claremont (and I'm sure even more went unpublished). They should be grateful they live in a society where we can still make a joke about politics.

Should also be marginally interesting if any copyright issues come out of this.

Update: Ooo hoo hooo! Dean Alston just emailed me in response to my letter to The West about the cartoon. He's been in India for the last fornight, so it can't be "wanton plagiarism". But the cartoon shouldn't have been published!

Could this be where I leave my indelible mark on the blogging world? Probably not, since I'm the only person who reads this and it's about political cartoons in wee Perth rather than Monica Gate (hey Rob: do you think if the Nixon thing happened at the DC Hilton it'd be "Monicaton" and "Ratherton" etc?), but I hereby declare that this is officially my Matt Druge moment :-D

1 comment:

Sunili said...

Yeah, and I mean, it's a pretty obvious concept given the state of Senate &c, so you can't blame him.