Saturday, November 06, 2004

Armchair Activism

Well it's not quite going to change the world, but I got my first letter to the editor published this week... in the Western Suburbs Weekly in response to this. Heehee I'm so proud of myself!

Oh, yeah, the letter, as published in the 'Western View' section on the 2/11/04 issue of WSW, along with another on the same topic:
Hitler cartoon was great
I wonder if the Hon. Senator Campbell (Western Suburbs, October 26) complained to our daily newspaper last Wednesday [sic, it was Friday] for Alston's blatant rip-off of Smithy's great Howard-Hitler cartoon?
And those readers who found it "puerile" should be grateful we live in a society where opinions like that can be freely aired. Although maybe not for much longer.
[And they spell my name wrong...], Nedlands

Ten out of 10 to cartoonist
Contrary to the opinion expressed by John Lanchaster and Ian Campbell (Western Suburbs, October 26), I and many, many others thought the Howard-Hitler cartoon was outrageously funny.
So good in fact that I plan to send copies to friends interstate
N. Cox, Swanbourne.
I need to try and find the cartoon and scan it; it was really fabulous.

No comments: